River tourism at its best
Nicols was founded in July 1986, as part of the NADIA group, a specialist in the transformation of plastics.Within a few years, Nicols shipyard had become one of the leading French companies in the river tourism sector with 21 models of boat divided into 5 ranges.
Nicols develops its fleet in line with its customers’ desires. Thanks to the unique location of its manufacturing site at the Cholet shipyard, right beside the rental office (booking department), every piece of information, remark, or suggestion from our customers is always passed on to our design department, with a view to constantly improving our models. This constant adaptability to the market is one of NICOLS’ undoubted strengths.
At present, Nicols’ fleet is comprised of almost 500 units originating from its shipyard in Cholet (Maine et Loire) and spread out over the 21 NICOLS departure bases (18 in France, 2 in Germany and 1 in Portugal).
Key dates in the NICOLS story:
- 2011: Creation of “NICOLS SIXTO” from the “Estivale Range”.
- 2010:Opening of a base in Berlin.
- 2009: Creation of “NICOLS OCTO” from the “Estivale Range”.
- 2007: Creation of “NICOLS QUATTRO” from the “Estivale Range”.
- 2006: Nicols celebrates its twentieth anniversary and open new bases in Europe : in Germany and Portugal.
- 2004: launch of the “Estivale” range with the creation of the top-of-the-range “NICOLS DUO” developed specially for couples.
- 2003: creation of the luxurious NICOLS 1350VIP, a true standard-bearer for NICOLS’ building skills.
- 1996: launch of “GRAND CONFORT” range, specially created for couples.
- 1994: Nicols invents a swimming pool designed to be towed behind the boat; a unique concept on the market.
- 1991: creation of the “NICOLS booking department” in France, then an office in Germany. Launch of the new the “SEDAN” range, which made NICOLS famous.
- 1990: opening of the first departure base in Dole (Jura).
- 1986: birth of NICOLS’YACHT shipyard in Cholet (Maine & Loire) and launch of the first boats, the “Riviera/Marina” ranges. .