VNF – Navigation Fees and Offices
Licence (Vignette) Fees 2016
The navigation fee basis changed in 2013. It is now simply based on boat length.
|VIGNETTE DURATION||To 8m
|Month (30 days)||7.30€/m
|Brief (3 days)||3.70€/m
1) Boat size classes are according to hull length.
2) Yearly fees paid before 31st March 2016 attract a 17% discount.
3) All time periods are now consecutive.
4) 1 day passes are also available.
5) Season (3 month) vignettes have been withdrawn.
6) **No vignette required for craft under 5m (not all eclusiers may be aware of this) nor for unpowered vessels nor for vessels under 9.9HP.
7) These fees apply to ‘VNF Waterways’. Most, but not all, waterways are, for example neither the River Lot nor the rivers and canals of Brittany are, and where no licence needs to be bought.
Using the French navigable waterways network involves paying a fee – and then displaying the vignette licence on the boat.
Note A : All periods are now consecutive. A year is a calendar year 1st Jan to 31st Dec.
Comment : Fees are due when the boat moves (irrespective of whether she passes through an ecluse or not) – and only then. Now that it is easy and possible to obtain vignettes on-line, if you spend most of the time moored in port and not on the move, it might conceivably be possible that a series of one day or three day vignettes would be both practical to obtain and more economical than a year’s or a season’s.
a) click> Over the internet at the VNF website <click. The system works well and easily. You do need to be able to print out the vignette.
Please note – french-waterways.com is not the VNF – you cannot buy a vignette through us!
b) It is also possible to pay by credit card by telephone to 03 21 63 24 30, between 09:00 and 12:00, and 14:00 and 17:00.
c) By cash at a VNF office that issues vignettes. For a list, see below.
VNF Vignette Offices (** = open weekends, ecluse hours)
Service de la navigation du Sud Ouest
Tél : 04.67.94.10.99
Écluse ronde d’Agde – 34034 –
Tél : 04 67 94 23 09
CASTETS EN DORTHE
2, rue Victor – Pont des Tiercelins – 54000
Tél : 03 83 17 01 01