The annual Tall Ships Armada will take place again at Rouen between 5th and 16th June 2013.
Some 48 beautiful sailing ships from many countries (including the UK) will be berthed along the River Seine quaysides, from the Bassin Saint-Gervais under the spectacular Pont Flaubert lift bridge to the Guillaume le Conquerant bridge upstream. In addition, there will also be 14 pleasure cruise boats available.
This is the published programme –
- Tuesday 4th June – Boats start arriving at Rouen.
- Wed 5th June to Sat June 15th – various quayside events including a hot air balloon, stalls, stands and exhibitions, and evening concerts from groups, bands and artistes of differing musical styles.
- Thursday 6th June – The Pont Flaubert bridge is lifted and the tall ships pass under, from 21:00h
- Saturday 8th June – The official opening, followed by an evening concert and an impressive fireworks display.
- Sunday 16th June – The ships leave in grand procession, down the river from Rouen to the sea at Le Havre. From 07:00h onwards.
Expected downstream timetable –
- La Bouille – 08:30h to 12:30h
- Duclair – 09:45h to 13:45h
- Caudebec – 12:00h to 16:00h
- Tancarville – 13:30h to 18:00h