Holidaying on a hotel barge in France is a truly relaxing and enjoyable way to see some of the glorious scenery that France has to offer. A way to soak up the culture and history whilst having your every need taken care of! Need more convincing? Here are our top five reasons to have a vacation on a French hotel barge this summer…….
1. A great way to explore On most hotel barge cruises you can stop almost anywhere along the canal to explore by foot or even by bike. It is easy to wander from lock to lock but many all hotel barges have great suggestions for longer excursions into towns and villages as well as trips to chateaux or vineyards. Most itineraries are very flexible.
2. Beautiful weather and scenery A hotel barge cruises at a very sedate pace giving you the chance to appreciate the stunning scenery as you pass. With locks and bridges to admire, chateaux and vineyards to photograph and an array of flora and fauna, there is always something to gaze upon. The hotel barge season runs from April to October – with late spring feeling warm and sunny and the summer months being hotter with clear blue skies.
3. A crew who treat you like royalty The majority of hotel barges are crewed by English speakers so don’t worry if you don’t speak much French! They love to host their guests and usually have a huge knowledge about the area and about France. The crew want you to relax and enjoy your holiday and are on hand to take care of your every whim!
4. Comfortable and high quality accommodation Most hotel barges have been fitted out to the highest standards with design, material and fabric that offers guests supreme comfort. It is up to you whether you simply book a cabin on a larger barge or get a group together to charter the whole hotel barge yourself. Once on board, cabins usually have double or twin beds with an en-suite or shower room and wardrobe space. The shared areas, such as the saloon and dining space usually have large windows and plenty of space on the sun decks to soak up the sunshine and dine al fresco!
5. Delicious food and wine For most hotel barges, the price is ‘all inclusive’ offering you the very best food, wine and service. Your daily meals are prepared by highly qualified and experienced on-board chefs, whose menus are easily comparable to dishes served in a Michelin Star restaurant. They all pride themselves on their choice of high- quality of local produce, wine and spirits so you are guaranteed to get a culinary experience to match the exceptional scenery.