Savannah is the belle of the Canal du Midi. She is as renowned for her bright and glorious red exterior as for her exceptional hospitality, superb gastronomy and outstanding itineraries.
Her sumptuous cruises around Carcassonne pass the vineyards of Corbieres from the sunflower valley of the Lauragais. Her fascinating itineraries can be flexed to incorporate diverse activities and add-ons while showcasing the very best of the Canal du Midi.
Savannah is one of the hotel barges in France that tailors its itineraries particularly well for those travelling with children. Family friendly cruises on the Canal du Midi are rarely this special.
Your host, Adrien, and his crew will attend to your Canal du Midi dreams and make memories of a lifetime.
Savannah’s family friendly Canal du Midi cruise
It’s all about the kids on this family adventure cruise like no other. Exclusive to you and tailored to the age and enthusiasm of your brood.
Adrien, has gone above and beyond to ensure every member of the family is exquisitely catered for. These special cruises overflow with activity options aboard and ashore. Following the classic Canal du Midi route (detailed below), your children are encouraged to learn about life on the water and have a go.
Tailor your bespoke itinerary…
- Return to the land for a Citroen 2CV road trip – an icon of French motoring
- Explore the tunnels of the Gouffre de Cabrespine for a slice of adventure and history that’s even better than dinosaurs
- Horse riding at Pommayrac
- Kayak rafting in the foothills of the Pyrenees
- Archery & more…
Book a family cruise on the Canal du Midi: email me
Savannah’s Classic Canal du Midi cruise
Welcome aboard your 6 night cruise with a champagne reception and dinner aboard. Along and beyond the waterway, through Languedoc Roussillon and the Midi Pyrenees, Adrien shares his adoration of this part of France and hopes you’ll fall in love with it too.
Cruise highlights include:
- Minerve. Discover this pretty hilltop village, its Cathar history and its ancient wine heritage. Meet a top winemaker and savour a delicious tasting on an exclusive visit.
- Narbonne. Explore the town with Roman roots and bustling modern day life. Joined by chef, select the freshest of local produce for meals aboard.
- Carcassonne. Immerse yourself in magical medieval Carcassonne for a full day of enjoyment within this fortified city and bastide.
- Château Pennautier. Luxuriate here. A spectacular example of a French chateau set amidst the Lorgeril family vineyards. A private lunch and tasting awaits.
- Mirepoix. Enjoy the countryside spectacle as you marvel at this beautiful part of the Midi Pyrenees region and see how it differs from Languedoc Roussillon.
Book your Classic Canal du Midi cruise: email me
Bespoke cruise excursions and activities
Adrien specialises in creating the most unique and memorable of Canal du Midi cruises. In addition to the typical itinerary excursions, he can also arrange additional land-side activities including helicopter flights to view the Languedoc from the sky, and an overnight stay at Chateau Pennautier. This is not the limit of his creativity – please contact me to discuss other options and ideas.
Find out more about Savannah, her cruises and excursions.