Go Green: cruise with this stylish electrically-powered self-drive hire boat
The first electrically-powered hire boat available in France is setting the standards for peaceful, environmentally friendly cruising. The Nicols Sixto Green self-drive hire boat works on battery power, a new green and responsible vacation afloat.
The Nicols Sixto Green has 3 double cabins each with an en-suite shower room, a sofa-bed in the saloon, a rear deck and an upper sun deck with its own steering position, and a forward terrace at the bow, perfect to relax with a nice cool drink.
With no noise and no pollution enjoy a perfect boating vacation in Alsace* aboard this superb zero emission green boat.
- Lithium-ion batteries means quick and easy battery charging for your green boat – in the time it takes to stop for lunch
- A dozen simple to use charging points to choose from along the way
- Silent operation allowing a completely peaceful cruise and no exhaust fumes
- A large walk through rear terrace for dining and relaxing. It comes with a sun awning, table and chairs, deck-shower and swim ladder and also has gates on either side for access when the boat is moored
- Moulded steps give access up to the flying bridge (the upper deck) which provides superb elevated views of the passing scene as well as a steering position. The boat’s controls fold away to maximise the use and enjoyment of the deck
- The galley is fully equipped to a high standard and the cabins and shower rooms are spacious and comfortable
- Length 13.50m – Width 3.80m
- 3 Cabins With Double Beds
- Convertible Double Bed In Saloon
- Saloon Area 11 sq.m
- 220 Litre Fridge-Freezer
- 4-Ring Hob – Oven
- Inside / Outside Steering Positions
- Shower and Bathing Ladders
- Radio / CD / TV
* For 2018 the Nicols Sixto Green will only be available in Alsace, cruising between Saverne and Harskirchen.
Nicols Estivale Sixto Green regions - Alsace
Hire Boating – Alsace
► Self-drive boats available in Ardennes and Alsace
■ Nicols: Harskirchen and Saverne
■ LeBoat: Hesse and Boofzheim
■ Locaboat/Linssen: Lutzelbourg
Canal Marne au Rhin – Canal Rhone au Rhin (N) – Canal de la Sarre
The waterways of North-East France are set against striking backdrops – the forests of the Ardennes, the Vosges mountains, the beautiful Doubs valley – with the River Rhine marking its eastern-most edge. Being so close to Germany and Switzerland, these influences and references are strong: castles, steeply pitched roofs, decorative timberwork, hearty cuisine, Riesling wine, plus a big selection of beers – no more so than in the regional capital of Strasbourg, where French poet and novelist Victor Hugo described the 12th century cathedral as, “a gigantic and delicate marvel.”
At Saverne the Lalique Museum is home to more than 500 exceptional pieces of glassware by French designer René Lalique. The Arzviller boat lift is a marvel of engineering that carries boats 450 feet up the Vosges Mountains and for the perfect end to a day’s strenuous sightseeing, try sipping a glass of Riesling wine in Place Stanislas, the gilded, UNESCO listed central square in the Art Nouveau city of Nancy.
– [below] In the region: Strasbourg, Nancy, Lalique Glass, Arzviller Boat Lift, Canal Marne-Rhine –