- The beautiful capital of France and its monuments, and an escape to some lovely towns on the outskirts of the capital
- River Cruise Ship “Seine Princess“
River Cruise Day 1: Paris
Boarding is at 6.00pm on one of our “floating hotels” at the mooring point in Paris. We are welcomed by our on board hostess and settle into our cabins. Dinner on board this evening is followed by a cabaret show on board.
River Cruise Day 2: Paris – Le Pecq
After breakfast on board, this morning is devoted to a panoramic guided visit of Paris by coach. Discover the renowned sights and attractions of this magnificent city. Your coach will take you past many famous places including: Bercy, the François Mitterrand National Library, Bastille, the Marais, Latin Quarter, St Germain, the Louvre, the Pyramide, Opéra Garnier, Place Vendôme, Concorde, the Champs Elysées, the Arc de Triomphe, the Invalides and the Trocadero. After lunch on board, the rest of the day is free for independent exploration of this fascinating capital city at your own pace. There’s time to indulge in your favourite pastime, whether you want to visit the museums, do some shopping or just take a stroll, Paris has so much to offer and is full to bursting with monuments and museums.
In December, you have the opportunity to enjoy the many Christmas festivities and attractions on offer in the city by coach. Since time immemorial many of the capital’s districts have hosted annual Christmas markets where Parisians, visitors from the suburbs and tourists meet, braving the winter winds to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the festive season. Delicious, mouth-watering aromas welcome you and guide you on your way around the markets.
We return to our floating hotel where dinner is served, followed by an evening of dancing on board. Departure towards Le Pecq. Arriving in the evening. Night stop.
River Cruise Day 3: Le Pecq – Paris and Old Montmartre – With a Paris by Night Cruise
Early morning, departure towards Paris. We will sail through the Suresnes lock and pass the famous Defense neighbourhood during breakfast. Arrival around 9.00am, and departure for the guided visit of Old Montmartre by coach. The Basilica of Sacré-Coeur has a surprising Byzantine style. Built at the end of the 19th century, it was finally completed in 1914. Located in the centre of the 19th century village of Montmartre, the Sacré-Coeur has been a favourite subject for artists, sculptors and poets for generations. Montmartre hill (or Butte) is one of the highest points of the capital, where there is a superb panoramic view of 50km (31 miles) around Paris. After lunch on board, the afternoon is free. As our mooring point is just a few minutes on foot from the Eiffel Tower and the Trocadero Gardens, with the Invalides just a little further away, it is easy to visit Paris at your leisure. Tonight we have a gala dinner on board and the Paris by night cruise, through the city which is beautifully illuminated at night and looks particularly attractive when viewed from our vantage point on the Seine.
River Cruise Day 4: Paris
Breakfast on board. Disembarkation around 9.00am.
- For navigational reasons and passenger safety, the operating company and the captain reserve the right to modify the cruise itinerary if necessary.
- This cruise is subject to tidal influences and arrivals times at the ports of call may be modified.
The Cruise Includes
- The cruise on full board from dinner on the first day to breakfast on the final day
- The drinks included in our price are the water, the wine, the beer, the fruit juices and one coffee served during the meals on board only
- Accommodation in a double air conditioned cabin with shower and WC
- Entertainment, the assistance of our hostess on board, the welcome cocktail, the gala evening
- Port taxes and local taxes
The Cruise Excludes
- Optional excursions and tours
(please ask about pre-booking optional packages)
- Drinks served in the bar, those on the wine list and the drinks at meals served during excursions or transfers
- Personal expenses
- Flights and transfers