- Exclusive, luxurious 18 guest river barge
- Rhone, Petit Rhone and Camargue waterways
- Excursions to historic cities, vineyards and sights
- Top cuisine with on-board French chef
- Themed and conference cruise options
Le Phenicien cruises the memorable waterways of southern France – visiting major historical sites such as Avignon (city of the popes), the magnificent Roman Pont du Gard aqueduct, the medieval village of Les Baux de Provence, the beautiful ‘Van Gogh’ city of Arles, the best vineyards of Chateauneuf-du-Pape, the famous Camargue horses, and the stunning walled town of Aigues-Mortes.
River Cruise Day 1 – Avignon
Transfer to le Phénicien, moored close to Avignon’s city ramparts. Settle in, relax or explore the city, then sample the cuisine and fine wines on board at the welcome dinner.
River Cruise Day 2 – Chateauneuf du Pape
Guided tour of Avignon to include the Palace of the Popes visit. Lunch on board whilst cruising to one of the best cellars of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for a guided visit followed by a wine tasting. Sail to Villeneuve lès Avignon to stay overnight and to dine with the wines tasted in the morning.
River Cruise Day 3 – Pont du Gard
Visit to the world-renowned Roman aqueduct “Le Pont du Gard”. Cruise to Vallabrègues, a quiet, charming port, to rest, bike ride or play pétanque.
River Cruise Day 4 – Les Beaux
After breakfast, visit the mediaeval village of Les Baux de Provence – and a chance to shop around. Cruise through the 36 feet deep lock of Beaucaire and proceed to Arles, the open-air Museum of Provence.
River Cruise Day 5 – Arles
Guided tour of Arles, home to Van Gogh who painted 300 canvases here during 1888.
Then cruise the Rhône, the Petit Rhône and the Camargue canal to reach the charming village of Gallician.
River Cruise Day 6 – Camargue
Visit the Camargue to see a typical ranch, and the ‘gardians à cheval’, herding bulls on their white horses. Then on to Aigues-Mortes, a 14th century walled city from which Saint Louis set sail on his Crusades. Farewell grand dinner on board.
After breakfast, morning departure to the defined transfer point.
In this region there is a wide variety of treats in store, whatever your interests. History, culture, gastronomy, wine, traditions, leisure, wild life, the arts or sporting activities, the Phenicien caters superbly for all with its wide selection of themed cruises:
- Cooking : cruise from Avignon to Aigues Mortes, working with the best chefs in the region – from La Mirande in Avignon, le domaine de Valmouriane in St-Rémy-de-Provence and le domaine de ChâteauVirant in Lançon-de-Provence. Learn about the finest Provencal cuisine, its authenticity, conviviality and variety of flavours. Limited to 15 guests.
- Wine cruise : Learn more about how to taste, drink, make and store good wine – and have some fun doing it! This cruise is available to groups of 9 or more.
- Golf cruise : play 5 different 18-hole golf courses in a week and pack and unpack only once. Visit the best golf courses in the south of France, such as Pont Royal and Nîmes Campagne. This cruise is from Avignon to Aigues-Mortes, available to groups and individual travellers
- Bike cruise : with almost 300 days of sunshine a year, flat terrain, tough hills, a good network of roads and trails, this region is a true paradise for bikers, with a luxury hotel and restaurant following behind. Available to groups of 9 or more.
Tailor-made cruises : for something different and personal, such as garden cruises, painting & drawing, gastronomy etc. Just ask.
Meeting & incentives : a unique and inspirational venue for top-level meetings and incentive programmes. From 9 persons in single cabins up to 18 in double cabins.x.
- For navigational reasons and passenger safety, the operating company and the captain reserve the right to modify the cruise itinerary if necessary.
The Cruise Includes
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Six nights accommodation in double or twin-bedded cabins
- All meals on board with beverages
- All shore excursions and related transfers
- Entrance fees
- Full open bar and the use of bicycles
- Green fees
- Round trip transfers
- Port taxes and local taxes
The Cruise Excludes
- Personal expenses
- Flights and transfers